Rebecca Ellis is a curriculum developer currently working on the StoryQ and M2Studio projects. She majored in math and French at Brandeis University, and received a doctorate in Curriculum, Instruction, and Teacher Education from Michigan State University.
Rebecca’s love of educational design started young, when she tried to propose new learning structures for her middle school. Since then, she has worked to expand her knowledge of what makes good teaching, and takes every opportunity to learn and grow (from summer swim lessons in New York, to English and Hebrew in Paris, high school math at Phillips Academy, and preparing pre-service teachers in Michigan). She loves spending each day considering how to make content more accessible and engaging for students.
In her spare time, Rebecca rock climbs, dances salsa, and learns new languages.
- Concord, MA
Q&A with Rebecca
- Do you have an unusual hobby or interest?
- Salsa dancing and rock climbing (but not normally at the same time!)
- Favorite thing about working at the Concord Consortium?
- The people and their dedication to the work
- What’s your dream pet?
- When I was a child, I wanted a “skunk-less skunk” because I thought skunks were adorable, but probably not the best animals to bring inside.