The Concord Consortium, a nonprofit research and development organization dedicated to transforming STEM education through technology, located in Concord, MA, and Emeryville, CA, is seeking a talented QA/Release Engineer to join our team to test innovative science, engineering, and math software for STEM education.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for (automated and manual) testing software components, features, and/or feature sets
- Be responsible for organizing, executing, and validating releases of software for a wide variety of systems
- Work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams (such as members of the Product, Development, and Project teams) across the organization
- Contribute to quality engineering discussions
Roles and responsibilities:
- Break down problems and estimate time required for quality related tasks
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
- Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
- Take ownership of QA tasks and deliver without supervision while using discretion to seek help when necessary
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring, and Testing Techniques
- Work independently and deliver testing and use case creation that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
- Collaborate with development team in bug fixing and build plans
- Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
- Implement and configure testing tools
- Implement system-level integration testing
- Implement Continuous Integration Systems and Development platforms for branch testing/deployment
- Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
- Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provide expertise on the coding
- Experience with CI and release systems such as Jenkins, Travis, GitHub, CI/CD, Docker Experience with educational software, AWS Server setup and security, accessibility testing,
- performance testing, unit testing is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or equivalent experience
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to four weeks’ vacation, medical and dental insurance, a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and life and short- and long-term disability insurance. Our Concord, MA, location is just outside historic downtown Concord, next to the commuter rail stop. Our Emeryville, CA, location is in the heart of Emeryville, reachable from the BART station via the Emery Go Round shuttle.
Our work environment is casual and stimulating. Join us to be part of a creative community of geeks and science, math, and engineering fanatics. We have frequent technical and research discussions, sometimes including invited guests from local and distant nonprofits, tech groups, and more. We’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles at: concord.org/about/staff.
If you are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer, and you have the required qualifications please email your resume and cover letter to hrjr+QAE@concord.org.
The Concord Consortium is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.