Are you interested in supporting outreach and use of innovative educational technology for K-12 STEM learning? The Concord Consortium, an educational nonprofit located in Concord, MA, and the California Bay Area, seeks a part-time talented webmaster to manage its web properties, lead web strategy and design, and aid in promoting our innovative, open-source materials to teachers and students around the world. As our webmaster, you will oversee and maintain our organizational external and internal websites and infrastructure and lead strategy and design for our continually evolving online presence.
In this position you will:
Work with Concord Consortium staff to manage our web strategy and design
- Identify trajectories for web development and design, including
- Identify needs for new web properties and approaches
- Identify optimal technologies and frameworks
- Implement strategic vision and web presence
- Maintain branding guidelines and documentation
- Identify marketing and dissemination opportunities for new products/projects
- Create and/or implement new and evolving strategies for Concord’s web presence
- Provide regular updates on status of websites and plan implementation
- Maintain and manage task list of website user stories
Implement and maintain the Concord Consortium’s public web presence
- Manage family of Concord public-facing websites, including
- Maintain full suite of public-facing websites
- Create new websites and web properties, including pages, layouts, and microsites as required
Maintain, update, and evolve underlying infrastructure
- Maintain WordPress instances and plug-ins
- Maintain suite of archival websites
- Maintain Concord’s intranet
- Serve as member of a team to respond to email@example.com emails (as well as other general inquiries)
To accomplish this, you will need:
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An ability to collaborate effectively with multiple people across an organization
- A keen and up-to-date design sense
- A passion for quality and consistent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years’ experience managing multi-site web properties including
- Experience using and maintaining WordPress and WordPress plugins
- Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop / InDesign
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Web Services
You will be even more successful if you:
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or in marketing or related fields
- Are familiar with Ruby on Rails
- Have experience using Git to maintain source code
- Have ability to support basic marketing and dissemination activity including
- Creation and maintenance of MailChimp campaigns
- Monitoring of Google Analytics and maintenance of Google AdWords campaigns
- Assistance to staff on updating and maintenance of social media account (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
This position is primarily a remote position with preference given to candidates within commuting distance to either of our offices for occasional in-office meetings.
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to four weeks’ vacation, medical and dental insurance, a generous retirement plan, and life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Our work environment is casual and stimulating. Join us to be part of a creative community of geeks and science, math, and engineering fanatics. We have frequent technical and research discussions, sometimes including invited guests from local and distant nonprofits, tech groups, and more. We’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles at concord.org/about/staff.
If you are authorized to work in the United States for any employer, and you have the required qualifications please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to offer sponsorship.
The Concord Consortium is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.