All Engineering Education Resources
Design, build, and test a bridge made with file folders to see which design is the strongest.
- Build and Test a Model Solar House
Construct and test the energy efficiency and solar heat gain of a cardboard model house.
- Building a Bungee Jump
Build and study a bungee jump that is safe and fun to use.
- Building a Zip Line
Design, build, and study a zip line that is safe and fun to use.
- Buildings and Earthquakes
Build model buildings and test them for earthquake resistance using a shake table.
- Ceramic Forces
Explore what happens when a force is exerted on a ceramic material.
- Conduction: Combine Heat Capacity and Conductivity
This model shows the combined effects of heat capacity and conductivity.
- Conduction: Heat Conduction Through Materials
Observe the rate of heat flow through materials with different conductivities.
- Conduction: The Effect of Temperature Difference
Observe the effect of temperature difference on the flow of heat.
- Conduction: The Effect of Wall Thickness on Heat Conduction
Compare the flow of heat through different thicknesses of material.
- Convection: Blowing Wind
Observe the motion of air around and through a building when the wind is blowing.
- Convection: Forced Convection
Observe how forced convection can change an object’s surface temperature and cool it down rapidly.
- Convection: Natural Convection
This model illustrates the difference between conduction and convection in the transfer of heat.
- Convection: Natural Convection Inverted
This model shows how convection works when the heat source is at the top of a space rather than at the bottom.
- Convection: Slow Down Convection
This model explores how natural convection can be reduced with barriers.
- Convection: The Stack Effect
Observe the effect of leaks in the walls and roof on the air circulation in a heated house.
- DC Circuits: Parallel Resistances
Learn about parallel circuits by interacting with a virtual breadboard.
- DC Circuits: Series Resistances
Learn about series circuits by interacting with a virtual breadboard.
- DC Circuits: Series-Parallel Resistances
Learn about series-parallel circuits by interacting with a virtual breadboard.
- Heat Storage Depends on Size
Measure how size affects the flow of heat energy from a warm to a cold object.
- Heat Storage Depends on Specific Heat
Measure how specific heat affects the flow of heat energy from a warm to a cold object.
- Maintaining Steady Temperature
Explore how temperature swings in a house can be moderated.
- Measuring Heat Transfer
Observe and measure the flow of heat energy from a warm to a cold object.
- Metal Forces
Explore what happens when a force is exerted on a metallic material.
- Plastic Forces
Explore what happens when a force is exerted on a polymeric plastic material.
- Solar Oven
Design, build, and test a solar oven.
- Tire Forces
Explore what happens when a force is exerted on a rubber tire.
- Troubleshooting DC Circuits
Find the faulted resistor in a simulated circuit.
- Vertical Temperature Gradients
Explore the vertical temperature variations in a house due to natural convection.
- Well and Poorly Insulated Houses
Compare the heating of two houses with different insulation values.
- Where Is the Most Heat Lost?
Use movable thermometers to discover where a house has poor insulation.
- Wind Generator
Build a wind turbine and test different blade designs to generate electricity.