Ready to extend web applications for students and teachers and scale them to reach millions? The Concord Consortium, an educational nonprofit located in Concord, MA, and Emeryville, CA, is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to test innovative science, engineering, and math activities. Working with software developers, educational researchers, and other members of the development team, you will also improve our quality assurance and test automation process to help us scale our applications and platforms.
In this position you will:
- Conduct tests on multiple platforms and browsers
- Develop and carry out manual build acceptance testing scripts
- Maintain bug database
- Report bugs and other problems
- Assist with investigating, reproducing, and responding to issues reported by users
- Verify status of fixed bugs
- Maintain multiple virtual and physical test environments (we work with a broad variety of devices and sensors and across many operating systems and browsers)
- Develop and maintain effective automated test scripts
- Run automated testing scripts and analyze results
- Participate in software development meetings
- Work on weeklong iterations with a project leader and other developers
- Learn a project’s science, engineering, or math subject matter well enough to work effectively with the project leader
- Rotate among several projects, switching as needed
- Suggest new test technology and process ideas to project leaders and developers
- Improve our team’s deployment processes
- Test and recommend infrastructure to enable better testing hooks and automation opportunities, project data analysis, etc.
To accomplish this you need:
- Experience with Selenium or other automation framework
- Experience working with developers to ensure code is suitably instrumented
- Confidence and collaborative skills to work in an agile environment
- Interest in improving development and delivery processes
- Experience working with applications on cloud-based services such as AWS
- Experience with automating build and deployment processes
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, natural sciences, or equivalent experience
- At least three years’ experience creating manual and automated software tests
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of two years’ experience beyond coursework
You will be even more successful if you have experience with or interest in:
- Unit test frameworks
- Docker, Git, and Linux
- Analytics tools such as Google Analytics and New Relic
- Raspberry Pis, sensor systems, or other hardware/software testing
- Science, math, or related fields
- Working on an agile team
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to four weeks’ vacation, medical and dental insurance, paid training courses, a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and life and short- and long-term disability insurance. Our Concord, MA, location is just outside historic downtown Concord, next to the commuter rail stop. Our Emeryville, CA, location is in the heart of Emeryville, reachable from the BART station via the Emery Go Round shuttle.
Our work environment is casual and stimulating. Join us to be part of a creative community of geeks and science, math, and engineering fanatics. Stand up meetings take place bi-coastally via video conference as well as frequent BYOB (Bring Your Own Bagged lunch) for technical demos and talks from guest speakers from tech groups, academic institutions, and more. We’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles and more.
Please send your cover letter and resume to hrjr+QA@concord.org
The Concord Consortium is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.