Are you looking for an opportunity for hands-on learning while supporting a variety of technologies? We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Technology Support and Quality Testing Assistant in our Concord, MA, location. The Concord Consortium is an educational nonprofit with an international reputation for innovation in technology that improves teaching and learning. Our work environment is casual and stimulating, a creative community of geeks and science, math, and engineering fanatics. Our staff is extremely dedicated and competent, regularly using a wide range of technologies and applications.
The successful candidate will have three primary duties:
- Assist in providing hands-on IT support in our Concord, MA, office. This could include troubleshooting staff laptop and software problems, reimaging and charging laptops in preparation for sending out to classrooms, tracking equipment against the IT inventory, recycling old equipment, and replacing printer toner / paper, as well as miscellaneous other duties.
- Perform manual testing of the software we create for research projects on various browsers, devices, and operating systems, and write up in detail how to re-create any issues found.
- Answer teacher questions about our software from emails and phone calls, working with our staff to diagnose the problem and guide the teacher to a resolution.
Additionally, you may be asked to jump into various tasks to help with our projects, like tagging content in our activity system, assembling prototype hardware, or coordinating a group software test.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in hardware and software support and troubleshooting
- Willing to go the extra mile to arrive at a complete solution to technical problems
- Curious and excited about new technology
- Self-starter; demonstrated experience following up on assigned tasks
- Able to manage multiple projects and support requests
- Flexible and adaptable to changing technology and conditions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Good team player – willing to pitch in and do what needs to be done
- Work well with a variety of people, including the ability to deal calmly and patiently with people who are frustrated
- Quick learner with a detail-oriented focus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with enthusiasm for working as a part of a team as well as independently
- Experience with Mac OS X and Windows platforms
- Experience with software including Microsoft Office, Google Apps
- Experience testing web-based or app software
- Experience with iOS and Android devices
- Interest in science, math, or engineering education
- Experience working with K-12 teachers
It is essential that the successful candidate be in the office during working hours (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to 4 weeks vacation, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan, life and disability insurance. We are conveniently located just outside historic downtown Concord, next to the commuter rail stop.
Our work environment is casual and stimulating. Join us to be part of a creative community of geeks and science, math, and engineering fanatics. We have weekly brown bag talks featuring invited scholars, and luminaries and hold delectable themed meals and celebrations several times per year. In general, we’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Concord Consortium is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.