The Concord Consortium, a nonprofit research and development organization dedicated to transforming STEM education through technology, is looking for a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher specializing in cognitive science or learning science. The successful candidate will work in our Concord, Massachusetts, office on the frontier of developing artificial intelligence that supports authentic scientific inquiry, engineering design, and computational thinking. We’re looking for a team player who is excited to work in a stimulating, technology‐rich environment to help make a difference in STEM education.
- Design research plans to collect fine-grained data through learning software systems
- Work with teachers to execute research plans
- Use machine learning techniques developed in house to analyze data
- Conduct empirical studies to validate machine learning results
- Contribute to the development of machine learning algorithms and intelligent agents
- Publish research papers based on these data and findings in peer‐reviewed journals
- Present at conferences
- Keep abreast of the field in educational research and development
- Assist in new proposal development
- Work together effectively with a variety of staff on multiple projects
- Ph.D. in Learning Science, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or the equivalent
- Research experience with innovative technologies for STEM teaching and learning
- Robust ability to think computationally
- Demonstrated ability to publish research papers
- Deep understanding of literature in STEM education, including computational thinking
- Clear experience and motivation to generate innovative approaches and solutions
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, willing to pitch in and do what needs to be done
- Excellent communication skills
- Background or experience in STEM fields, education, or both
- Prior experience in machine learning
- Some programming skills
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence (e.g., intelligent tutoring systems)
This is a grant-funded, 100% FTE position. The successful candidate will be required to work on site in Concord, MA, and must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to four weeks of vacation, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and life and long-term disability insurance. Our work environment is casual and stimulating. In general, we’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles and more.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, curriculum vitae, a sample research paper, and a list of three professional references to
The Concord Consortium is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.