The Concord Consortium, a nonprofit research and development organization dedicated to transforming STEM education through technology, is seeking a Computer Scientist and Software Developer in our Concord, Massachusetts, office to conduct exciting research in artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), and STEM education. The successful candidate will be an important part of a multidisciplinary team and will work with a group of computer scientists and cognitive scientists to carry out cutting-edge research and development.
- Develop Smartphone apps that collect large amounts of data through attached sensors
- Develop an IoT platform based on Raspberry Pi or Arduino for creating Smart School apps
- Develop front- and back-end software for collecting, processing, and serving data
- Develop machine learning algorithms for creating artificial intelligence based on data
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced mathematics (e.g., linear algebra, differential equations, and analytic geometry) to solve problems creatively
- Track record of success in developing smartphone-based apps, IoT apps, or Web-based apps
- Experience with both front- and back-end technologies
- Confidence and collaborative skills suitable for working in an agile environment
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, or the natural sciences
- Proven ability to work independently when necessary
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of three years’ real-world project experience beyond coursework
- Science, renewable energy, and STEM education
- Data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
This is a grant-funded, 100% FTE position. The successful candidate will be required to work on site in Concord, MA, and must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to four weeks of vacation, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and life and long-term disability insurance. Our work environment is casual and stimulating. In general, we’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles and more.
Please send your cover letter and resume to
The Concord Consortium is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.