Computer Scientist and Software Developer
The Concord Consortium, an educational nonprofit located in Concord, MA, and Emeryville, CA, is seeking a Computer Scientist and Software Developer in our Massachusetts office to conduct exciting research in artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), and STEM education. The successful candidate will be an important part of a multidisciplinary team and will work with a group of computer scientists and cognitive scientists to carry out cutting-edge research and development.
In this position you will develop:
- Smartphone apps that collect large amounts of data through attached sensors
- An IoT platform based on Raspberry Pi or Arduino for creating Smart School apps
- Front and back end software for collecting, processing, and serving data
- Machine learning algorithms for creating artificial intelligence based on data
To accomplish this you need:
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced mathematics (e.g., linear algebra, differential equations, and analytic geometry) to solve problems creatively
- Track records of success in developing smartphone-based apps, IoT apps, or Web-based apps.
- Experience with both front and back end technologies
- Confidence and collaborative skills suitable for working in an agile environment
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, or the natural sciences
- Proven ability to work independently when necessary
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of three years’ real-world project experience beyond coursework
You will be even more successful if you have experience with or interest in:
- Science, renewable energy, and STEM education
- Data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
If you are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer and you have the required qualifications, please email your resume to email@example.com
The Concord Consortium offers a rich variety of benefits, including up to four weeks vacation, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, a generous TIAA-CREF retirement plan, and life, long-term and short-term disability insurance. Our Concord, MA, location is just outside historic downtown Concord, next to the commuter rail stop. Our Emeryville, CA, location is in the heart of Emeryville, reachable from the BART station via the Emery Go Round shuttle.
Our work environment is casual and stimulating. Join us to be part of a creative community of geeks and science, math and engineering fanatics. We have regular brown bag talks featuring invited scholars and luminaries and hold delectable themed meals and celebrations several times per year. In general, we’re a creative, intelligent, happy bunch — check out our profiles.
The Concord Consortium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.